Seven Ways To Have A Successful
1. Be Real: Mentoring relationships need to be gut-honest.
“As long as we are faking it we are just showing the world how to fake it – but they already are! They want to see us get real.”
2. Be Authentic: Mentors and Mentees need to be genuine.
“To be authentic is to be at peace with your imperfections.”
3. Be Strong: Mentors and Mentees need to be confident in Christ.
“Be strong, but not rude; Be kind, but not weak; Be bold, but not bully; Be humble, but not timid; Be proud, but not arrogant.”
4. Be Bold: Mentors and Mentees need to be prayer warriors.
“Bold prayers honor God, and God honors bold prayers… “
5. Be Teachable: Mentors and Mentees need to be good listeners.
“Keep the corners of your mouth turned up. Speak in a low, persuasive tone. Listen; be teachable. Laugh at good stories and learn to tell them…For as long as you are green, you can grow.”
6. Be Creative: Mentors and Mentees need to be open to creativity.
“Is a Christian- one who communicates daily with the Creator- to divorce himself from the things God created and intended man to have, and which demonstrate the fact that man has been made in the image of God? In other words, are we who have been made in the image of our creator to be less creative than those who do not know the Creator? The Christian should have more vividly expressed creativity in his daily life.”
7. Be Available: Mentors and Mentees need to be willing to walk through God’s open doors.
“God has uniquely gifted you to help someone.
Be available as God opens doors for you to do so.”