“Seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.” Matthew 6:33
What do you worry about the most on a daily basis?
Is it your future, family, career, finances, health or …?
Our job as followers of Jesus Christ is not to seek God’s will but to seek God.
When we seek a deep personal relationship with Jesus Christ on a daily basis in our one-on-one time alone with Him in prayer and Bible reading we will learn and begin to know the heart of God and His will for our lives.
God has a purpose for our lives and His will is not a mystery or hidden treasure that is hard to understand or recognize. “For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” (Ephesians 2:10 NIV)
- God is concerned with who we are in Christ, not how we are doing His will.
- There is nothing hindering us from being obedient to God except ourselves.
- When we are obedient to God, then He reveals Himself to us as He has promised over and over again in His Word.
- God’s plan and purpose for your life is bigger and better than you can even imagine but you must seek Him first before things can be added and purpose can be revealed.
You may be asking, “So how do I seek Him?” Start right now with making time for the Lord. You will never find time for Bible Study and prayer, you will have to make time for the Lord.
Here is a Guide for your Quiet Time to get you started. Print this out and let’s get started!
Quiet Time With God
Heb. 12:2 “Fix my eyes on Jesus”
Remember the 5 W’s and H
What? is Q.T. : one-on-one with God alone.
Why? do one : to learn how to Know God
Where? do I do this : select a special location and body position to be alert and focused
Who? attends : Just Me and God
When? should I do this : YOU WILL NEVER FIND TIME FOR GOD, YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE TIME FOR GOD! Be persistent, Stick to it, Get on a Regular daily Basis to meet God.
How? Do I do this : Make half of your time praying and the other half reading God’s Word Only
- Start with Prayer Heb. 12:2/ Ps. 5:3/ Ps. 119:18
- Read God’s Word (Mark in your Bible, write in a journal) Is. 55:8-11/ 2 Tim. 3:14-16 READ. LISTEN. WAIT. ALLOW GOD TO SPEAK TO YOUR HEART. I Sam 3:21
- Be Obedient to what God has said in His Word and to your heart John 14:21
- Close in prayer Mt. 6:6/ 7:11/ John 15:7-8/ 16:24
- Make the decision to live it all day long. Ps. 25:4-5
Here are a few suggestions on Books of the Bible. Have a purpose, don’t be random.
Psalms and Proverbs: Wisdom, peace, comfort, security, how to deal with fear, etc
James: the tongue, dealing with trials and temptations
Philippians: Joy in all things
Ephesians: Spiritual Warfare
Timothy: about your youth
Hebrews: God’s promises fulfilled, God intercedes
I Corinthians: love, wisdom
II Corinthians: how to survive suffering
Romans: salvation, identity, choices
Ezekiel: warnings, repent, refresh
Nehemiah: leadership, remembering
The first step to experiencing God in a real way is to first seek Him face to face.
As you grow in your faith and time with God all the other things will be revealed to you in God’s ways and timing.
Today is a great day to be encouraged and start meeting God on a daily basis.
“The Lord Almighty has sworn, “Surely, as I have planned, so it will be, and as I have purposed, so it will stand.”
(Isaiah 14:24 NIV)
Please forgive me for neglecting to spend time with you alone in prayer and Bible Study. Help me to start immediately spending time seeking You as my Savior and Lord of my life. Speak to me as only You can do. I love you Lord and need to be in Your presence. Holy Spirit move in my life in a way that gives me peace, comfort and wisdom for my life.
In the name of Jesus Christ I pray,